Mission Statement for Yoga 4 Healthful Living
To create a safe and supportive atmosphere in which participants and students:
- Explore yoga in practices appropriate to age, condition, and life situation;
- Discover something new, about themselves, their world, or their relationships through yoga practice;
- Experience greater insight, self-knowledge, and self-acceptance;
- Are empowered to use the tools of yoga to make changes to improve the quality of their lives and relationships;
- Recognize and respect the interrelationship of and connection to all beings;
- Acquire deeper understanding and knowledge of yoga philosophy to support a life of greater freedom, contentment, and joy.
To create opportunities for yoga trainees and teachers to deepen their knowledge of yoga and its appropriate application in teaching settings.